- Understand blueprints and computer-aided design (CAD) files
- Operate different types of machine tools
- Monitor the various machines
- Examine completed products to make sure they meet standards
- Communicate with customers to adjust products as needed
- Understand various cutting and measuring tools for a variety of materials
"I enjoy the variety of the projects that we work on and the sense of satisfaction that comes with completing my tasks to the best of my ability. I also really appreciate the opportunity to learn from other seasoned professionals in my field, which allows me to gain even more skills beyond the classroom."
The work is gratifying! Machinists work with a precision that is challenging and technical, but highly satisfying.